County Government Retirees
Welcome to the Loudoun County Retiree Information Center, where you can obtain information about your benefits, wellness and related issues.
Open Enrollment 2022: November 1-30, 2021
Your health plan elections will be effective January 1, 2022.
Open Enrollment is your opportunity to take a fresh look, consider how your needs may have changed, and evaluate which health plan would be the best one for you.
If you have questions or need additional information about the Retiree Health Plans, you have options:
- Participate in virtual Open Enrollment information sessions. Click on the date below for the link to join the meeting.
- Send an email to request a virtual appointment to talk with our CIGNA Care Advocate.
- Call the Benefits Help Line at 703-777-0517 or email us.
Plan Year 2022 Resources
- Latest Retiree Update Newsletter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Please note in the mailed version of this newsletter the table of contents for pages 10-11 reflected the incorrect year and should state 2022 Retiree Group Health Plan Rates. The rates listed on those pages are accurate.
- Retiree Health Plan Eligibility (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Enrollment Change Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Emergency Contact & Address Update Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- ACH Form - Premium Payment Authorization (PDF)
Flu Shots October & November 2021
View the schedule and make an appointment today. If you are unable to make a county sponsored flu clinic, you can get your flu shot at in-network pharmacies nationwide or your doctor’s office. While you're there, consider getting your COVID-19 vaccine or other vaccines that may be right for you.
Wednesday, October 20 from 11 am - 3 pm
Philip Bolen Park - 42405 Claudia Dr, Leesburg, VA 20175
no appointment required
Opens a New W
Annual Creditable Coverage Notice
The annual Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice (PDF) is being provided as part of the annual notice to retirees and their dependents who are eligible for Medicare. This notice is important because Medicare beneficiaries who are not covered by creditable prescription drug coverage and do not enroll in Medicare Part D when first eligible will likely pay higher premiums if they enroll at a later date. Please note this notice is for information purposes only. Retirees and their eligible dependents who are Medicare eligible and enrolled on the county’s health plan are not impacted by the late enrollment penalty enforced by Social Security Administration for Center for Medicare Services for Medicare Part D coverage.
Cigna's Virtual Medical Care Services
For Pre-65 Retirees, access to Cigna’s Virtual Care services is available via phone or video 24/7/365 days of the year including holidays and weekends.
- Use when you also need to limit exposure to the public and for reserving emergency rooms for true emergencies.
- Use in place of seeing a physician in-person for minor medical conditions and costs less than emergency room or urgent care visits.
- All virtual care visits are with board-certified physicians.
- You can have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate, as well handle short-term refills of existing prescriptions.
Register for Cigna’s Virtual Care Networks
- Register directly online:
- MDLIVE: MDLIVEforCigna.com - Phone: 888-726-3171
- Register through myCigna.com
- Log in to myCigna.com
- Locate the “Talk to a doctor or nurse 24/7” callout and click “Connect Now.”
Information needed to register
- The retiree or covered dependent must provide their name, gender, date of birth, email and Cigna ID# to register and create an account.
- Medical history including drug allergies and a form of payment (such as a credit card). For individuals enrolled in the OAP or POS plans, an office visit copay will be charged at time of visit.
- For individuals enrolled in the HRA plan, the discounted cost of the visit will be excluded from the deductible during the Emergency Period as stated by the CARES Act until December 31, 2021.
Post 65 Retirees
Medicare pays for "virtual check-ins" for patients to connect with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office. Medicare also pays for patients to communicate with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office using online patient portals. The Medicare coinsurance and deductible would apply to these services. Cigna Medicare Surround plans will cover the remaining balance subject to the plan deductible, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.
Wellness Opens a New Window
An Ounce of Prevention
- All of the Retiree Health Plans feature in-network preventive care benefits at no cost to you.
- Get your Annual Preventive Exams (PDF) Opens a New Window. as recommended to identify risks before they become chronic. Early detection helps to mitigate more serious medical conditions later.
Care When You Need It
- Telehealth Services (PDF) Opens a New Window. through Cigna provide access to board-certified doctors and pediatricians 24/7 for non-urgent health care - just a phone call or video chat away!
- Get the appropriate level of care (PDF) Opens a New Window. when you need it!
Please contact the Loudoun County Benefits Office through email Opens a New Window. or by calling the Benefits Help Line: 703-777-0517.
Receive updated news and information about benefits for Loudoun County Government retirees.