Hotels, Motels & B&Bs

All hotels, motels, and bed & breakfast (B&B) establishments must have a Loudoun County Health Department Tourist Lodging permit. Hotels or motels that offer food or have swimming pools will need to also apply for these permits. B&B establishments may offer limited food service to their guests without obtaining a food establishment permit, if all exemptions are met.

New Construction & Remodeled Hotels, Motels and B&B Tourist Lodging

All proposed new construction and extensively remodeled tourist lodging must submit an application for a Tourist Lodging Plan Review (PDF). A separate plan review shall be submitted for the food establishment and swimming pools, if applicable. Plan reviews are designed to address basic construction and planning aspects of the future tourist lodging operation.

New Owner of Permitted Hotels, Motels and B&B Tourist Lodging 

All change of owner and new owners of a permitted hotel, motel or B&B that has been previously approved by the Loudoun County Health Department must apply for a permit before operating by completing the Tourist Lodging Permit Application (PDF). Include a copy of your business license and certificate of occupancy with your application. New owners will also need to obtain food permits and swimming pool permits, if applicable.

Existing Permit Renewal

Owners of all operating hotels, motels and B&B establishments will receive a yearly invoice and are required to remit to a $40 fee annually. Permits will be issued to the owner and will receive routine inspection.