Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
News and Announcements
- 09-21-22: The annual Community Development Block Grant program process is underway in Loudoun. Read more in this news release.
What is the Community Development Block Grant Program?
- The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program provides funding on an annual basis for local projects that address a variety of housing, public service, and community development needs.
- Eligible applicants for CDBG funds include local nonprofit organizations and local government entities in Loudoun County or those mainly serving Loudoun County residents.
- Organizations within the community can compete for these funds through an annual application process.
- Proposed projects should address the goals of the CDBG program, which include providing affordable housing opportunities, revitalizing neighborhoods, renovating substandard housing, providing public services and expanding economic development opportunities, primarily for persons of low and moderate income.
- The funds must be used based on guidelines outlined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
2023-2024 CDBG Grant Cycle Now Underway
Virtual Pre-Application Meetings
Organizations interested in applying for CDBG funding are encouraged to request a pre-application meeting with the CDBG Program Manager. Virtual pre-application meetings can be scheduled now through Friday, October 7, 2022, by contacting CDBG Program Manager Eileen Barnhard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-737-8971.
Virtual CDBG Application Assistance Meeting
After attending a virtual pre-application meeting, organizations interested in applying for CDBG funding are encouraged to also attend the virtual CDBG application assistance meeting on Monday, October 19, 2022, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. to review the key elements of the 2023-2024 CDBG applications and how to provide a strong application for CDBG funds. This event is led by Urban Design Ventures and will review topics like national objective, eligible activities, eligible applicants, project description, project budget, etc. Register by contacting CDBG Program Manager Eileen Barnhard at email@example.com or 703-737-8971 by October 17, 2022.
The Loudoun County CDBG competitive application will be available on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. Application packets will be posted on this webpage or may be obtained by contacting CDBG Program Manager Eileen Barnhard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-737-8971.
Applications must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 16, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Loudoun County Housing Advisory Board will conduct a public hearing at 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 12, 2022, to gather input on addressing housing and community development needs. The public hearing will be held at the Department of Housing and Community Development, 106 Catoctin Circle SE in Leesburg in the Olmstead Room on the first floor. Those interested in speaking during the public hearing are encouraged to sign up in advance by contacting CDBG Program Manager Eileen Barnhard at email@example.com or 703-737-8971. The public may also choose to attend virtually. Details on how to participate can be found on the Loudoun County government meetings online calendar.
Community Development Block Grant 2021-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 2021-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan (PDF) in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (24 CFR Part 91) is a plan that details multiyear goals based on an assessment of housing and community development needs, an analysis of housing and economic market conditions, and available resources. The Consolidated Plan provides the public and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) the opportunity to review how the CDBG program is assisting the Loudoun County community.
- Community Development Block Grant 2020 to 2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Citizen Participation Plan Approved 2022 - English (PDF)
- Citizen Participation Plan Approved 2022 - Spanish (PDF)
- Combined Request for Release of Funds/Finding of No Significant Impact - Good Shepherd Alliance (PDF)
- 2021-2022 Draft Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (PDF)
- Loudoun County Five Year Fair Housing Plan (PDF)