Any member of the public may speak for or against any item on the current meeting’s agenda.
Citizens may sign up to speak by:
- Filling out the online Sign Up To Speak At Planning Commission Public Hearing Form or by contacting the Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-777-0246. Requests to speak in advance of the hearing need to be made by noon on the day of the hearing.
- Citizens are welcome to request to speak at the public hearing
- Citizens wishing to present handouts or written input to the Planning Commission at the public hearing are asked to provide ten copies of the document(s) for distribution to the Planning Commission members and to the Deputy Clerk’s official record
The Chairman of the Planning Commission outlines the format of each public hearing through his/her opening remarks, depending on the number and complexity of agenda items as well as the number of citizen speakers. The format may be modified at the Chair’s discretion. Citizen input, whether written, emailed, or spoken, is made part of the official record and is subject to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
Public Hearing Format
- Instructions for citizens who wish to speak
- Citizens speaking
- Time allotted for each speaker
- The hearing procedure
Written comments are welcome at any time and may be submitted by email to the Planning Commission or by regular mail to:
Loudoun County Planning Commission
c/o Loudoun County Department of Planning and Zoning
1 Harrison Street SE
P.O. Box 7000
Leesburg, VA 20177-7000