Guardian for Minors

To legally have powers as a guardian, you must first, be appointed, and second, you must formally qualify before the Probate Clerk. Due to the complexity and time involved in qualifications, appointments with the Probate Clerk are required. Due to the complex nature of Guardianships of Minors, it is strongly recommended that you consult with a Virginia attorney for legal advice. The Clerk cannot render legal advice.