- Departments & Offices
- Transit & Commuter Services
- Routes & Fares
- Bus Service Changes
Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Juneteenth Holiday - Monday, June 19, 2023
In observance of the Juneteenth holiday, Loudoun County Transit has made the following bus service changes for Monday, June 19, 2023:
- Commuter Bus Service will not run.
- Local Bus Service will operate on a regular schedule.
- Paratransit Bus Service will operate on a regular schedule.
- The Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle from the Pennington Garage and Lot to the Courthouse will not run.
- Silver Line Connection Bus Service will operate on a regular schedule.
Holiday Office Hours
Please be aware that the Transit Division of the Loudoun County Department of General Services will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 16, 2023, and remain closed until 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 20, 2023. Loudoun County Transit and Commuter Services representatives will respond to inquiries received during the closures when the office reopens.
Purcellville Park and Ride Lot to Close; Bus Service to Change - Monday, July 3, 2023
Effective Monday, July 3, 2023, Loudoun County Transit will close the Purcellville Park and Ride lot permanently. As a result, several Silver Line and Commuter Bus routes will be impacted. View the release.
Purcellville Park and Ride Lot Closure
Beginning Monday, July 3, commuters who use the existing park and ride lot in Purcellville will be directed five miles east to the Harmony Park and Ride lot located at 39464 East Colonial Highway, Hamilton.
- Visit loudoun.gov/parkandridelots to view alternative lot locations near you.
Purcellville Bus Schedule Changes
With the closing of the Purcellville Park and Ride lot, several Silver Line and Commuter bus routes will be impacted beginning on Monday, July 3, 2023, including Routes 40, 391, 483, 884 and 885. Passengers on these routes should be aware of the following service changes and recommendations:
- Route 40, operated by Virginia Regional Transit (VRT): The bus stop will move to Browning Court just outside the current lot. Curb parking is available.
- Routes 391, 483, 883, 884 and 885: Passengers that currently use the Purcellville Park and Ride lot are advised to use the Harmony Park and Ride lot.
Map: Purcellville Park and Ride Lot Closure - Services Map
Click on the map to download a (PDF).
Service Change Notifications
- All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
- To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/transitapp.
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.