Courts Complex Expansion
- The Courts Complex Expansion project includes the design and construction of a new 92,000-square-foot Courthouse and renovation of existing Courts facilities, including new parking facilities.
- The new Courthouse will be located on the current Church Street Parking Lot at the corner of Church Street and Edwards Ferry Road in downtown Leesburg.
- The existing Courthouse (18 East Market Street) and historic Valley Bank building (20 East Market Street) will be renovated.
- Parking lots and pedestrian access to the Courts buildings will be improved. A new parking garage has been constructed next to the existing Pennington Lot.
Current Status: January 2020
- Loudoun County is making a request to the Town of Leesburg to allow Church Street closures during courthouse construction to construct the facility's utility requirements and a pedestrian tunnel. The Leesburg Town Council will be discussing the issue as an agenda item at the work session scheduled for January 13, 2020 at Town Hall. For more information, view the full update.
- Residents and businesses within one mile of the construction received post cards in the mail encouraging recipients to sign up for regular emails and text updates on the courthouse expansion project.
- Loudoun County has contracted with McDonough Bolyard Peck, Inc. (MBP) to perform preconstruction surveys for property owners within 450 feet of the primary construction site in Leesburg. Two letters have been mailed to eligible property owners. If MBP does not receive a response from an eligible property owner prior to the start of construction, a preconstruction survey of their property will not take place.
- The new Pennington Parking Garage at the Loudoun County Courts Complex is now open. The garage has more than 700 spaces.
- Loudoun County has awarded a contract to Costello Construction of Maryland, Inc.to build the new Courthouse.
- Construction will begin in late January or early February 2020 and is expected to take approximately 2.5 years.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates on the Courts Complex Expansion.
- Sign up to receive updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- November 14, 2019: Construction Schedule and Impacts Presentation (PDF)
- November 14, 2019: Summary of Timeline and Impacts (PDF)
- July 16, 2019: Loudoun County Courthouse Expansion Phase III Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- April 23, 2019: Project Status Update (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Pennington Parking Structure Presentation (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FY 2014 Adopted CIP: Courts Complex Phase III Description (PDF)
- For questions about the Courthouse project, Nicholas Brown, DTCI Construction Manager by email or 571-285-3435 or Kay Jackson, McDonough Bolyard Peck, Inc. Senior Project Manager by email or 703-772-6576.
- For questions about the Pennington Parking Garage, Email Scott Worrest or call 571-258-3876.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.