Recycling Drop-Off Centers
Recycling dumpsters are emptied every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at all locations except Sterling Park. Sterling Park is emptied on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The Town of Leesburg manages the collection schedule for the recycling center at the old Leesburg Wal-Mart location.
Recycling Center Locations
Acceptable Bottles, Cans, Etc.
- Jugs (milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, etc.)
- Margarine tubs
- Yogurt cups
- No Styrofoam; no plastic bags; no motor oil or antifreeze bottles; no pesticide or herbicide containers; no other plastics.
- Aluminum beverage and food cans
- Steel / tin food cans
- Coffee cans
- Empty aerosol cans
- Metal lids
- Pet food cans and lids
- Disposable pans
- Soup cans and vegetable cans
- No large items or "scrap metal"; no screws or nails; no tools; etc.
- Glass bottles and jars only (No other glass items)
Acceptable Paper, Cardboard, Etc.
- Flattened cardboard and paperboard
- Cardboard boxes (empty, no Styrofoam, no plastic straps)
- Cereal boxes (bag removed)
- Tissue boxes
- Shoe boxes
- Snack boxes (bag removed)
- Pizza box tops (no greasy paper or leftovers)
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail
- Phonebooks, paperback books, hardcover books (remove and dispose cover; text books, etc.).
- Office paper (remove metal and plastic)
- Computer printouts
- Copy paper
- File folders
- Paper bags
- Craft paper, poster board, wrapping paper, gift wrap (no ribbons or bows)
All Loudoun County locations accept recyclables mixed together, i.e cardboard boxes, paper, plastic bottles, metal cans and glass containers are mixed together in the same recycling container
Absolutely no Styrofoam packaging or Styrofoam peanuts should be deposited at any of the recycling centers. Remove and dispose all Styrofoam, plastic wrap, plastic straps, air cushions, and other plastic packaging from cardboard boxes prior to recycling. No plastic bags.
Items left on site or "donated for reuse" such as furniture, exercise equipment, toys, etc. are considered illegal dumping.
Pour out any remaining liquids or foods from bottles, cans and jars and lightly rinse out. Conserve by using left-over dishwater.
If your recyclables are in plastic bags, empty them into the designated recycling bin, and take your bag with you to reuse or dispose with your household garbage. Do not attach plastic bags to the recycling bins, and do not deposit plastic bags in the recycling bins. Bags left at the recycling centers become litter or are mixed in with the recyclables and cause mechanical problems at sorting facilities. Plastic grocery bags should be returned to grocery stores for recycling. Recyclables collected in plastic bags at the recycling centers will be discarded as trash. Bagged recyclables received at recycling sorting facilities are typically disposed as waste, whether coming from the County's recycling centers or from curbside collection.
Recycling dumpsters are emptied every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at all locations except Sterling Park. Sterling Park is emptied on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The Town of Leesburg operates scheduling for recycling service at the old Leesburg Wal-Mart location.
Call 703-771-5500, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.