Projects, Studies & Plans
- Loudoun County builds public facilities and transportation infrastructure improvements to serve county residents and businesses.
- View an interactive map that provides additional information on Loudoun County facilities or transportation projects in specific locations.
- A quarterly report is also presented to the Board of Supervisors Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee.
- View the most recent Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- View all updates for Transportation and Capital Infrastructure projects and studies.
- Sign up to receive email or text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category.
Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Facilities Projects
- Transportation Projects and Programs
- Transportation Studies
- Completed Projects and Studies
Facilities Projects in Construction
- Ashburn Recreation and Community Center
- Courts Complex Expansion
- Hal and Berni Hanson Regional Park
- Lovettsville Community Center
- Sterling Park Safety Center
Facilities Projects in Design
- Aldie Fire and Rescue Station
- Bles Park Facility Improvements
- Brambleton West Park Improvements (PDF)
- Fields Farm Park (PDF)
- Leesburg South Fire and Rescue Station
- Lovettsville Fire and Rescue Station
- Metro Station Area Pedestrian Improvements (PDF)
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station
- Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park - Phase II
- Potomac Lakes SportsPlex Turf Fields (PDF)
- Round Hill Fire and Rescue Station (PDF)
- Scott Jenkins Memorial Park - Phase III
- Waterford Mill Restoration (PDF)
Transportation Projects in Construction
- Braddock Road
- Crosstrail Boulevard: Kincaid Boulevard to Russell Branch Parkway
- Evergreen Mills Road and Watson Road Short Term Improvements
- Northstar Boulevard (Route 50 to Tall Cedars Pkwy)
- Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail
- Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway (VDOT)
- Shellhorn Road - Loudoun County to MWAA Property
Transportation Projects in Design
- Arcola Blvd (PDF)pens a New Window.
- s a New Window. s a New Window. Braddock Road
- Croson Lane Widening - Claiborne Parkway to Old Ryan Road (PDF)
- Crosstrail Boulevard - Sycolin Road to the Dulles Greenway Opens a New Window.
- Dulles West Blvd (Dulles Landing Dr. to Arcola Blvd.) (PDF)
- Dulles West Boulevard - Northstar Blvd. to Arcola Blvd. Opens a New Window.
- Evergreen Mills Road Realignment and Intersection Improvements at Reservoir Road and Watson Road
- Farmwell Road Intersection Improvements
- Harmony Middle School Sidewalk (PDF)
- Franklin Park to Purcellville Trail
- ns a New Window. Loudoun County Parkway - Dulles West to Route 50 (PDF)Opens a New W
- Moorefield Blvd.(Mooreview Pkwy. to Moorefield Station) (PDF)
- Opens a New Window. Northstar Boulevard (Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Dr.) to Route 50)
- Northstar Boulevard (Tall Cedars Parkway to Braddock Road) (PDF)
- Oakgrove Road Pedestrian Improvements (PDF)
- Prentice Drive - Lockridge Road to Loudoun County Parkway
- Prentice Drive-Loudoun County Pkwy to Shellhorn Road
- Route 7/287 Interchange Improvements
- Route 7/690 Interchange
- Route 7 Pedestrian Improvements (PDF)
- Route 7 Shared Use Path
- Route 9/287 Roundabout
- Route 15 and Lovettsville Road Intersection (PDF)
- Opens a New Window. Route 15 North Widening: Battlefield Pkwy. to Montresor Rd.
- Route 15 and Spinks Ferry Road Roundabout
- Route 50 and Trailhead Drive Roundabout
- Route 50 and Loudoun County Parkway Interchange (PDF)
- Route 50 Corridor Improvements (VDOT) Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
- Shaw Road (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Shellhorn Road Extended Opens a New Window.
- Sterling Boulevard Extension
- Sterling Boulevard and W&OD Trail Overpass Opens a New Window.
- Waxpool Road & Loudoun County Parkway Intersection Opens a New Window.
- Waxpool Road at Pacific Blvd & Broderick Dr.
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride
- Opens a New Window. Westwind Drive
- Woodgrove High School and Fields Farm Road (PDF)
- W&OD At-Grade Crossing Improvements
- Belmont Ridge Road Corridor Safety and Operational Study
- Corridor Study of Western Loudoun North-South Rural Roads
- Renaming Route 7 and Route 50
- Route 7 Corridor Study (between Route 28 and the Fairfax County Line)
- Route 9 Safety and Operational Study
- Route 15 (South) Safety and Operational Study
- Route 690 Corridor Study
- Russell Branch Parkway Corridor Study
- Village of Waterford Study and Master Plan Update
- White's Ferry Study
Completed Facilities Projects
- Animal Services Facility
- Ashburn Senior Center
- Claude Moore Park Restrooms (PDF)
- Leesburg Fire and Rescue Station 20 Expansion
- Leesburg Park and Ride Lot (PDF)
- Lovettsville District Park
- Lucketts Fire and Rescue Station Replacement
- Metro Parking Garages (PDF)
- Moorefield Station Community Park
- Potomac Green Community Park
- Scott Jenkins Memorial Park - Phase II (PDF)
- Sterling Community Center Renovation
- Trailside Park Restrooms (PDF)
Completed Transportation Projects
- Ashburn Road Sidewalk (PDF)
- Claiborne Parkway (PDF)
- Riverside Parkway (Loudoun County Pkwy to Lexington)
- Route 9 Road Improvements - Town of Hillsboro (ReThink9)
- Route 7/Belmont Ridge Road Interchange
- Seneca Ridge Drive Road Improvements
Completed Transportation Studies
- Dulles Corridor Studies
- Evergreen Mills Road/Watson Road Safety Audit
- Eastern Loudoun Transportation Study
- Route 15 (North) Congestion Report and Safety/Operational Study (PDF)
Completed Roadway Studies
About the Process
- Comprehensive List of Transportation Providers in Loudoun County (PDF)
- Countywide Transportation Plan
- Loudoun County Transit Development Plan
- Loudoun County Transportation Demand Management Plan (PDF)
Capital Improvement Program/County Government Budget
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Commuter Connections
- Metrorail Silver Line
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- Virginia Department of Transportation(VDOT)
- Virginia Regional Transit
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority