Taxes in Incorporated Towns
Billing and Collection of Incorporated Town Real Estate Taxes
Starting January 1, 2019, the Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office will bill and collect town real estate taxes for:
- Hillsboro Opens a New Window.
- Leesburg Opens a New Window.
- Lovettsville Opens a New Window.
- Middleburg Opens a New Window.
- Round Hill Opens a New Window.
Residents and businesses will receive consolidated bills that include both county and town taxes as separate line items. Taxes will continue to be billed in two installments per year (June and December).
Payment of Incorporated Town Taxes
A single payment should be made to the county by the applicable due dates of June 5 and December 5. Tax payment options and details can be reviewed here.
- Checks: Submit one check payable to County of Loudoun.
- Online: Tax accounts will show both county and town taxes. Online payments will be made through Loudoun's online tax portal for both county and town taxes.
Payments should reference the Loudoun County real estate tax account number. Town tax account numbers will not be used for processing payments.
To locate your real estate tax account number or Parcel ID number:
- Locate the property in the parcel database
- Email the Treasurer's Office
- Call the Treasurer’s Office at 703-777-0280
Real Estate Taxes For 2018 and Prior Years
Real estate taxes for 2018 and prior years are payable to the respective town.
Need to Update Your Real Estate Mailing Address?
Notifications to Mortgage and Title Companies
The Treasurer’s Office has notified mortgage companies and Loudoun County title companies of the new process.
For More Information
For more information about the billing and collecting of real estate taxes by Loudoun County in most of Loudoun's incorporated towns, contact the Loudoun County Treasurer's Office at 703-777-0280, by email Opens a New Window. or visit the Leesburg or Sterling office locations.
For questions specific to the incorporated towns, contact the respective town government. Links to the towns' websites are at the top of this page. Detailed contact information, including phone numbers and mailing addresses can be found here.