Loudoun County Complete Count Committee
In an effort to make sure that everyone living in Loudoun County is counted in the 2020 Census, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors established the local Complete Count Committee to raise awareness about the 2020 Census and to help increase the response rate to the census questionnaire.
An accurate count of Loudoun County residents is important to the community in many ways. The count affects the allocation of federal funding to the county and affects how legislative districts are drawn, which can impact the number of seats that the state has in the U.S. House of Representatives
The Board selected committee members from diverse sectors of the community who are positioned to strategically leverage their networks to benefit the county’s objectives in the 2020 Census. Members include representatives of the Loudoun County government, education, business, community groups, faith-based organizations, homeowners associations and regional associations. Following the recommendation of the U.S. Census Bureau that the jurisdiction’s highest elected official serve as committee chair, the Board of Supervisors appointed Chair Phyllis J. Randall as the chair of the Complete Count Committee.
The committee held its first meeting April 1, 2019. The packet of materials prepared for the committee is online:
- Loudoun Complete Count Committee Meeting Packet: 04-01-19 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Census Bureau Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window.
The committee will generally meet the first Monday of the month between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. at the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, SE in Leesburg. Meeting dates will be posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar.
- Tony Howard, President & CEO, Loudoun Chamber
- Angel Cerritos, Executive Director, YMCA Loudoun County
- Charlotte Fosque, Executive Director, Blue Ridge Speech & Hearing Center
- Lisa Kimball, Chief Executive Officer, The Arc of Loudoun
- Michelle Thomas, President, Loudoun NAACP
- Pilar Acosta, Teaching Assistant, Loudoun County Public Schools
- Rick Pearson, NOVA Board, Northern Virginia Community College
- Beverly Tate, Director of Planning, Loudoun County Public Schools
- Syed M. Ashraf, Co-Chair ADAMS Civic Engagement
- Mike Taylor, Pastor, Community Church, Ashburn
Homeowners Associations/Property Management Companies
- Rajesh (Raj) Kasaraneni, Board Chair, Loudoun Valley Estates II (Cardinal Management)
- Glenda Blake, Director, Department of Family Services
- Mark Miller, Chairman, Loudoun County Public Library Board of Trustees
- Phyllis J. Randall, Chair, Board of Supervisors
- Valmarie Turner, Assistant Loudoun County Administrator
- Roger Vance, Mayor, Town of Hillsboro
- Cheryl Watson, Assistant Director, Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse & Developmental Services
- Nicole Acosta, Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
- Robert W. Lazaro Jr., Executive Director, Northern Virginia Regional Commission
State Complete Count Committee Representative
- Sreedhar NagiReddi, Loudoun County Representative, Virginia State CCC