Human Services Strategic Plan
Loudoun County, in partnership with local nonprofit organizations, has developed the county’s first, community-wide Human Services Strategic Plan (PDF). The plan provides a roadmap for implementing improved, coordinated systems of care that meet the county’s human service needs in areas such as affordable health care, child care and housing.
The plan was developed through a wide-ranging, collaborative effort by the Loudoun County government, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and the Loudoun Human Services Network. Representatives of these groups served on the Human Services Strategic Plan Steering Committee, which developed the strategic plan. The effort also included extensive community outreach.
Our vision is to create a healthy, thriving, safe, and inclusive Loudoun community.
The plan, presented at the Board of Supervisors business meeting July 2, 2019, has five major goals:
- Close critical service gaps for vulnerable or underserved members of the Loudoun community;
- Improve health and wellness outcomes by addressing the social determinants of health that challenge the Loudoun community;
- Optimize access for people seeking services by integrating the Loudoun human services system;
- Meet the growing needs of the Loudoun community through the development and coordination of resources and funding practices; and
- Enhance the quality, capacity and delivery of services by strengthening the network of human services providers.
Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee
The Loudoun County Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee will be appointed by the County Administrator to implement the strategies outlined in the Human Services Strategic Plan.