Belmont Ridge Road Improvements
- This project funds the design, land acquisition and construction of the reconstruction and widening of Belmont Ridge Road between Truro Parish Drive and Croson Lane from an existing two lane rural road to a four lane median divided suburban roadway with shared use paths on each side.
- The road plans were approved by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Loudoun County Department of Building and Development (B&D) in June 2017. In November 2019 acquisition of land rights for the project was completed.
- The project funding comes from a variety of funding sources including local tax funding, General Obligation Bonds, and the Northern Virginia Transit Authority (NVTA).
Current Status: May 2022
- Beginning June 2, 2022, a traffic shift will occur in the vicinity of the Croson Lane and Belmont Ridge Road signalized intersection. Just north of the intersection, the northbound and southbound lanes of Belmont Ridge Road will shift to the west to begin building the permanent northbound lanes.
- Notice to Proceed (NTP) with construction was issued in January 2022.
- Loudoun County received the Grading Permit on March 2, 2022.
- Erosion and sediment controls, clearing and grubbing, and the installation of sediment basins began.
- A groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the start of construction was held on January 27, 2022.
- Construction is currently estimated to be completed in summer 2024, weather permitting.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Belmont Ridge Road Improvements – Truro Parish to Croson Lane project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- View before and after drone photos for the first six months of project construction. (PDF)
- Pardon Our Dust Meeting - January 20, 2022
- Belmont Ridge Road Aerial Exhibit (PDF)
- Belmont Ridge Road Design Cross Section (PDF)
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.