November 3, 2020, General Election
Preliminary results will be available shortly after polls close at 7:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020, and can be viewed in three different formats:
- Results for General Election in Loudoun County - in Real Time as Reported
- Results for General Election in Loudoun County in Map Format - Updated Every 15 Minutes
- Preliminary Statewide Results for General Election from the Virginia Department of Elections
Town of Hillsboro Write-in Preliminary Results
- Mayor -
- Roger Vance - 51 votes
- Town Council (5 seats) -
- Amy Marasco - 39 votes
- Laney Oxman - 36 votes
- Stephen Moskal - 36 votes
- Claudia Forbes - 34 votes
- Lisa Franke - 33 votes
A general election will be held in Loudoun County on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Offices on the ballot will include president and vice president of the United States, members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, Leesburg mayor and town council, Hillsboro mayor and town council, Round Hill town council, Virginia constitutional amendments, and Loudoun County bond questions.
Three Ways to Vote: Pick the Option that Works Best for You
All registered voters in Virginia now have the option to vote at home, vote early or vote on election day. No excuses required no matter your choice. Just click on the underlined title of the voting option you would like to visit that page for more information.
- Vote at Home: Click to request your ballot online or by mailing us a request form. We’ll mail your ballot and important information to you. You’ll fill it out following the instructions enclosed, and send it back. Click here to learn more about absentee voting.
- Vote Early: Click to learn about early voting will be available for all registered Loudoun County voters at the Office of Elections in Leesburg starting September 18, 2020, plus for the two weeks prior to the election we’ll add satellite absentee locations. (Note that if you have requested a ballot to be mailed to your home and you decide you'd rather vote early you must bring the ballot with you and trade in for a new one. Ballots began mailing on September 18, so we advise voters to wait until at least September 25 to receive their ballot.) Click here to learn more, including locations, dates, and hours.
- Vote on Election Day: Click to learn about voting at your normal polling place on election day. Polls will be open from 6:00 a,.m. - 7:00 p.m. Click here to learn more about voting on election day.
What’s on Your Ballot?
- County Ballot (PDF)
- Town of Leesburg Ballot (PDF)
- Town of Round Hill Ballot (PDF)
- Town of Hillsboro Ballot (PDF)
Voters are encouraged to verify their registration information, and to double check their voting precinct at www.vote.virginia.gov to ensure they know their precinct number and are viewing the correct ballot.
|Request Vote-at-Home Ballot||Now|
|Early Voting begins at Office of Elections in Leesburg||Friday, September 18, 2020|
|First Set of Vote-at-Home Ballots Mailed||Friday, September 18, 2020|
|Online Voter Registration Deadline||Thursday, October 15, 2020, 11:59 p.m.|
|In-Person Voter Registration Deadline||Thursday, October 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m.|
|By-Mail Voter Registration Deadline||Postmarked no later than Thursday, October 15, 2020|
|Early Voting begins at Satellite Absentee Voting Locations||Saturday, October 17, 2020|
|Last Day to Request a Ballot by Mail||Friday, October 23, 2020|
|Last Day for Early Voting||Saturday, October 31, 2020|
|Election Day Voting 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Tuesday, November 3, 2020|