Family Engagement and Preservation Services
Research shows that when families are meaningfully and continuously engaged in their children’s learning and development, they can positively impact their child’s health, development, academic, and well-being outcomes into adulthood.
The Family Engagement and Preservation Services (FEPS) Program promotes the physical, cognitive and social-emotional development of children and youth from birth to 17 years. FEPS assists families by strengthening parental and family functioning through prevention, education and supportive case management services. Program staff work with families to:
- Ensure the safety of children and youth in their homes;
- Connect families with needed community services and resources;
- Teach families new skills, techniques and strategies to improve communication, enhance familial relationships and decrease problem behaviors in youth; and
- Ensure all efforts are made to preserve the family unit, decrease stressors and prevent family disruptions.
The Family Engagement and Preservation Services (FEPS) Program offers the following services:
- Youth and Family Support Services: Strengthen families by facilitating individual and group sessions for families focused on improving communication and building relationships using an evidence-based curriculum Parenting Wisely©.
- Fatherhood Engagement Services: Strengthen families by effectively engaging fathers and involving them in service planning and decision making for their children using the National Fatherhood Initiative’s® flagship curriculum – the 24/7 Dad® program.
- Family Partnership Meeting Facilitation: Provide structured planning and neutrally facilitated decision making meetings designed to engage families and their supports in creating plans for children and youth’s safety, well-being and permanence.
- Family Support / Prevention Services: Families may also be referred to FEPS for Family Support / Prevention Services by Child Protective Services, which is short-term, family-focused intensive case management to prevent child abuse/neglect or the recurrence of abuse/neglect; ensure child safety; and improve family functioning.
For more information, call 703-737-8237 or visit us at 45201 Research Place, Suite 110, Ashburn, VA 20147.