Family Engagement and Preservation Services
The Family Engagement and Preservation Services (FEPS) Program promotes the physical, cognitive and social-emotional development of children and youth from birth to 17 years. Research shows that when families are meaningfully and continuously engaged in their children’s learning and development, they can positively impact their child’s health, development, academic, and well-being outcomes into adulthood. FEPS assists families by strengthening parental and family functioning through prevention, education and supportive case management services. Program staff work with families to:
- Ensure the safety of children and youth in their homes;
- Connect families with needed community services and resources;
- Teach families new skills, techniques and strategies to improve communication, enhance familial relationships and decrease problem behaviors in youth; and
- Ensure all efforts are made to preserve the family unit, decrease stressors and prevent family disruptions.
The Family Engagement and Preservation Services (FEPS) Program offers the following services:
- Family Support / Prevention Services: Promote resiliency in families through short-term, family-focused intensive case management to prevent child abuse/neglect or the recurrence of abuse/neglect; ensure child safety; and improve family functioning. Specific services include the following:
- Assessment – Assess strengths and needs of families.
- Service Coordination – Create Service Plans with families to reduce risk of concerns and address family needs.
- Case Management – Connect families with needed community services and resources.
- Engagement – Empower families to identify their natural supports and coordinate Family Partnership Meetings (details below) as needed.
- Youth and Family Support Services: Facilitate individual and group sessions for families and youth at risk of placement in foster care, residential settings, or other out-of-home placements using an evidence based curriculum Parenting Wisely©.
- Fatherhood Engagement Services: Strengthen families by effectively engaging fathers and involving them in service planning and decision making for their children.
- Family Partnership Meeting Facilitation: Provides structured planning and neutrally facilitated decision making meetings designed to engage families and their supports in creating plans for children and youth’s safety, well-being and permanence.
For more information, call 703-737-8237 or visit us at 45201 Research Place, Suite 110, Ashburn, VA 20147.