Franklin Park to Purcellville Trail
- The Franklin Park to Purcellville Trail project will provide access for pedestrian and bicycle traffic from the Franklin Park recreational facilities to the existing sidewalk in downtown Purcellville to enhance access and safety for pedestrians and bicyclists. Currently, this project is only funded for design with construction funding planned in a future fiscal year.
- The proposed trail will begin as a 10’ wide shared-use-path at Franklin Park and travel north alongside Franklin Park Drive. At the intersection with Main Street (Business Route 7), the trail will cross to the north side of the street, utilizing a raised concrete median barrier for increased pedestrian safety. The trail will then continue east along the north side of Main Street into the Town of Purcellville, reducing in width from a 10’ wide shared-use-path to a 5’ wide sidewalk as it enters the Town limits. This proposed sidewalk will terminate at the intersection of Main Street and N 28th Street, where it will tie in with the existing sidewalk.
- On a larger scale, this project is a vital part of the sidewalk and shared-use-path project from Round Hill to Purcellville.
Current Status: April 2022
- Loudoun County held a public information meeting on February 23, 2022 to present the lead design alternative to the public.
- Public Information Meeting held on February 23, 2022.
- Exhibits for Review
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Franklin Park to Purcellville Trail project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.