- Departments & Offices
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Property Assessment and Tax
- Real Estate
- Land Use Assessment Program
- Land Use Applications and Renewals
Land Use Applications and Renewals
- Applications must be received at least 60 days preceding the tax year for which such taxation is sought.
- Renewal applications (due every 6 years) are mailed the first week of September for parcels due to renew.
- It is the property owners' responsibility to ensure the property continues to qualify for the land use assessment program, including meeting all the qualifying criteria within the Code of Virginia, Loudoun County Ordinances, the SLEAC manual and timely filing of all required documentation.
Land Use Application
- Complete Loudoun County Land Use Assessment Application (PDF).
- Renewal applications are mailed the first week of September – contact 703-737-8557 to request a replacement copy.
- A separate application is required for each parcel.
- New applications, with appropriate fees, are required whenever the use or acreage changes from what was previously approved.
- Additional documentation may be required, based on classification.
- All real estate taxes must be current.
- Due by November 1
- Late Filing Period from November 2 through December 5 with a late filing fee of $300 per parcel
- Applications will not be accepted after December 5
- Open Space Agreements and Sliding Scale Agreements must be recorded with the Clerk of the Circuit Court by December 31
- Forestry Management Plans must be filed before the prior plan expires
- $125 per parcel plus $1 per acre
- $300 late filing fee if filed between November 2 and December 5
For more information
For assistance or additional applications, visit the Commissioner's office, call 703-737-8557 or email the office.
- Agricultural Use Statement by Leasing Farmer/Tenant
- Application for Land Use Assessment
- Declaration of Ineligible Land
- Declaration of Rezoning
- Forest Mgmt Plan Instructions
- Manual of the State Land Evaluation Advisory Council
- Open Space - How to Qualify
- Open Space Agreement
- Open Space Agreement Information
- Request for Roll-back Tax Estimate
- Request for Roll-back Tax Invoice
- Sliding Scale Deferral of Land Use Tax-Individual
- Sliding Scale Deferral of Land Use Tax-Partnership
- Sliding Scale Deferral of LU Tax-Amdmnt Individual
- Sliding Scale Deferral of LU Tax-Amdmnt Partnership