Posted on March 26, 2020 at 5:55 PM by Heather Smith
Loudoun County Update
- Loudoun County has reported its first death related to COVID-19. The patient, a woman in her 70s, was hospitalized and previously tested positive for COVID-19. Read the county's news release.
- As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, individuals and groups may try to use your compassion or fear of the virus against you. Although the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office has not received any reports of scams connected to COVID-19, residents should remain vigilant. Learn more about guarding against scams at Sheriff.Loudoun.gov/COVID19scams.
- How to Help Meet Loudoun Community Needs: Residents, businesses and organizations who want to help fill community needs are encouraged to make donations to local community-based organizations. Also, on an individual basis, residents are encouraged to touch base with their neighbors, particularly those who are older, and offer to lend a hand with gathering necessities. Learn more about helping the community at loudoun.gov/howyoucanhelp.
- The county encourages residents to use this time at home to respond to the Census. The safest time to respond to the Census is at home and online. You do not need a code to respond if you did not receive a mailer; simply visit www.2020Census.gov and click "Respond" to get started. Your response ensures the resources we are using now in the COVID-19 response, including those for school meals and healthcare, are available to all families over the next 10 years.
- Reminder: Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates
for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools on the LCPS website
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #