Posted on May 4, 2020 at 5:29 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun County is renewing its call for monetary donations to be used to purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) that can be distributed to long-term care facilities and other health care providers facing a critical need for PPE. Monetary donations allow the county to use its buying power to purchase PPE in bulk to create a sustainable supply that can be provided to Loudoun-based agencies, including those caring for people who are most vulnerable to COVID-19, such as the elderly. Read the news release for details.
- Do you want to solve an urgent social issue created by COVID-19? Apply for a Booz Allen Foundation Innovation Grant and make change that counts. The Booz Allen Foundation has established a $1 million Innovation Fund to help nonprofits, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, innovators at colleges and universities, and startups and small businesses harness the power of data, technology, and diverse intellectual capital to improve COVID-19 relief efforts and make a difference. Learn more at boozallenfoundation.org/innovationfund.
- Project Alert: Route 9 is Hillsboro is now closed. Motorists must follow the regional or Hillsboro local detours. View details at rethink9.com.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #