Posted on May 14, 2020 at 5:27 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun County Initiates COVID-19 Impact Fund Project: On May 13, 2020, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved the COVID-19 Impact Fund program, which will provide funding for eligible nonprofit organizations to address the needs of low- to moderate-income households. The county will be distributing Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding to support projects or activities that help families and individuals prevent, prepare for and respond to COVID-19. The program will be funded using approximately $310,000 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act CDBG allocation through an online competitive application process. Read the news release.
- Explore Job Opportunities: The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) is now recruiting 1,300 contractors for various positions to support COVID-19 efforts, including COVID-19 case investigator, COVID-19 contact tracer, COVID-19 testing coordinator, COVID-19 contact tracing supervisor, COVID-19 data manager, and COVID-19 analytics coordinator. If you are interested in any of these positions, visit this list of staffing agencies where you can apply. You should indicate that you want to apply for a COVID-19 position through the Virginia Department of Health.
- Find Out How to Get Assistance with Basic Needs During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been widespread and is likely to continue for some time. The financial fallout from the pandemic is affecting many Loudoun families, who find themselves in need of help. Read the post from earlier today for details.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #