The original item was published from June 29, 2020 3:09 PM to June 29, 2020 3:16 PM
Loudoun County Transit will resume service for Metro Connection Bus Routes 990 and 992 on Monday, July 6, 2020. This comes as Loudoun County moves into Phase Three of the “Forward Virginia” reopening plan, which gradually eases restrictions meant to slow the spread of COVID-19. Customers are advised of the following schedule changes:
- Route 990 – Morning service from Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station to Loudoun County has been reduced from seven to four trips.
- Route 992 – Afternoon service from Loudoun County to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station has been reduced from seven to four trips.
Loudoun County Transit has made operational changes following the guidance of local, state and national health authorities to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure on its buses. These changes include compliance with face covering and physical distancing requirements, and additional bus cleaning procedures. Loudoun Transit bus service customers should be prepared to:
- Wear a face covering on the bus and while waiting at bus stops.
- When seated or standing, remain six feet from other passengers who are not in your household.
- Ride for free until August 31, 2020, on all Loudoun Transit buses.
To further reduce the risk of exposure, Loudoun County encourages bus riders to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, such as avoiding close contact with people who are sick, staying home when you are sick, avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth and properly washing your hands frequently.
Over the coming weeks, Loudoun County Transit will continue to monitor ridership and services for possible additional changes. Stay informed of the latest bus service change information and access schedules at loudoun.gov/buschanges
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #