Posted on July 20, 2020 at 4:49 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 4,670
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 6.7%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun: 317
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 103
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- When You Can Be Around Others: If you think or know you had COVID-19, and you had symptoms, you can be with others after:
- At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
- Symptoms have improved.
- Learn more about home isolation.
- Will the Health Department contact me if I get a positive COVID test?
- If you test positive for COVID, you may be contacted by a Loudoun County Health Department Case Investigator (usually by phone) for a voluntary and confidential conversation.
- The case investigator will ask you some questions to understand more about you and your illness. The interviewer will work with you to create a list of all of the people you may have had close contact with while you were sick, and right before you felt sick. This process helps to find people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- After your close contacts have been identified, a contact tracer will reach out and notify them of their possible exposure as soon as possible. When the interviewer calls close contacts, they do NOT tell them who it was who tested positive for COVID-19. This conversation will be confidential to protect and respect your privacy.
- Both case investigators and contact tracers will also provide education, information, and support to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Read more about case investigations and contact tracing on the Virginia Department of Health website.
- Virtual Workshop - Sharpen Your Networking & Interviewing Skills: Are you 50 or older, unemployed and looking for work? Join this free webinar on July 23, 2020 from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. to help you prepare for what's next in your career or job search. Discover how to effectively network, create a winning "elevator pitch," and learn tips to help you ace a virtual interview. Hosted by the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center and AARP. Registration required. Learn more about the workshop.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #