Posted on August 5, 2020 at 5:23 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 5,117
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 4.9%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun: 340
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 113
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- COVIDWISE - Virginia's Free Exposure Notifications App: COVIDWISE is the Virginia Department of Health COVID-19 exposure notification app to facilitate contact tracing in response to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Contact tracing is a technique used by public health authorities to contact and give guidance to anyone who may have been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. This technique will be an essential part of transitioning back to regular daily life while managing the risk of further outbreaks. Learn more at covidwise.org.
- Two New Virtual Workshops from the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center:
- Your Transferable Skills: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Skills are acquired in a variety of settings in work and life. Transferable skills are skills that can be used in every occupation, regardless of the type of work. Knowing your transferable skills can help you in choosing a career or make a career change. Identifying your transferable skills will give you a better sense of the strengths you can offer employers. In this workshop you'll have the opportunity to identify your transferable skills and reflect on how you can best apply them to your next position.
- 30 Second Commercial - 'So Tell Me About Yourself': Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Networking can be easy and more comfortable if you have a 30-second commercial prepared. Also know as an 'elevator speech,' the commercial is your first chance to introduce yourself to someone and give them a short synopsis of your skills and experience with the goal of getting them to ask you for more information. In this workshop, learn what elements go into your 30-second commercial, write it and then practice, practice, practice!
- Register for these workshops online at loudoun.gov/wrcworkshops.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #