Posted on September 2, 2020 at 10:29 AM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 5,787
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 5.5%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun (cumulative): 370
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 117
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Updated Guidance on Testing for COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19 testing strategies have been developed based on what is currently known about COVID-19 and are subject to change as additional information becomes available. The diagnostic testing categories have been recently edited to focus on testing considerations and actions to be taken by individuals undergoing testing. Read the CDC recommendations.
- Limiting Workplace Violence Associated with COVID-19 Prevention Policies in Retail and Services Businesses (provided by the CDC): Retail or service businesses sell goods and provide services to the public and include department stores, grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants. These businesses are open and have started state-directed, municipality-directed, and company-directed COVID-19 prevention policies and practices to minimize the spread of the virus among employees and customers. The CDC offers strategies to limit violence towards workers that may occur when businesses put such policies in place. Learn more from the CDC.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #