Posted on October 5, 2020 at 4:54 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 6,987 (up 71 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 4.4% (up 0.2% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 437 (up 1 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 126 (up 0 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- How COVID-19 Spreads: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website outlines the ways that COVID-19 may spread. COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person to person, including between people who are physically near each other (within about 6 feet). People who are infected but do not show symptoms can also spread the virus to others. We are still learning about how the virus spreads and the severity of illness it causes.
- What to Remember When Hosting Gatherings This Holiday Season: The CDC website outlines tips for holiday gatherings. If you're planning on hosting a gathering over the holidays, remind guests to stay home if they're sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Host the gathering outdoors, when possible, and make sure indoor spaces are well-ventilated (for example, open a window). Arrange tables and chairs to allow for social distancing among people not in the same household. Wear masks when less than 6 feet apart from people or indoors, and encourage guests to bring their own food. Learn more from the CDC about these tips for hosting gatherings.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #