Posted on December 11, 2020 at 4:38 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 11,545 (up 125 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 11.4% (down 0.1%
since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 580 (up 5 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 151 (no change since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Reminder: Loudoun County's Next Free COVID-19 Testing Event is Sunday, December 13: Loudoun County will conduct free drive-thru COVID-19 testing on Sunday, December 13, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., at Potomac Falls High School, 46400 Algonkian Parkway in Potomac Falls.
- The testing event is open to all. There are no age or residency requirements. No prescriptions or appointments are necessary. A person does not have to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested. A PCR test (nasal swab) will be administered, which tests for the novel coronavirus. No antibody or rapid tests will be offered.
- To help reduce wait times, people who plan to attend the testing event are strongly encouraged to complete a registration form for each person who will be receiving a test prior to arriving at the testing site. The registration form is required and asks for general demographics and contact information including name, date of birth, address, phone number and current symptoms, if any. The forms are available in English and Spanish at loudoun.gov/COVID19testing.
- COVIDWISE Exposure Notification App Joins National Key Server To Increase Effectiveness Across State Lines: Virginia’s COVID-exposure notification app, COVIDWISE, will now work across DC and all 15 states that have such an app. The other 15 states include Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wyoming. COVIDWISE alerts users if they have been in close contact with an individual who anonymously reported his/her positive COVID-19 test result. COVIDWISE does not use any personal information or location data. Users opt-in to download and use the free app, which is available through the App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Missed one of our updates this week?
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #