Posted on January 4, 2021 at 5:46 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 14,569 (up 400 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 16.6% (up since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 654 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 161 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 3,552 | Virginia: 89,326
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Returning from Holiday Travel? You may have been exposed to COVID-19 on your travels. You may feel well and not have any symptoms, but you can still spread the virus to others. You and your travel companions (including children) may pose a risk to your family, friends, and community after your travel.
- Consider getting tested with a viral test 3–5 days after your trip and reduce non-essential activities for a full 7 days after travel, even if your test is negative.
- If you don’t get tested, consider reducing non-essential activities for 10 days.
- Also take these actions for 14 days after you return from travel to protect others from getting COVID-19:
- Stay at least 6 feet away from anyone who did not travel with you.
- Wear a mask when you are in shared spaces outside of your home.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness.
- Get more tips and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #