Posted on January 14, 2021 at 5:31 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 15,876 (up 165 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 16.1% (down 0.4% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 678 (up 9 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 165 (unchanged since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 8,977 | Virginia: 242,530
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Current Eligibility for COVID-19 Vaccine Expands in Virginia: Governor Ralph Northam has announced a significant expansion to the pool of residents currently eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. This follows guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that encouraged states to expand the groups being vaccinated. Virginia is currently in Phase 1b and the new guidelines expand the Phase 1b group to include people age 65 and older and younger people with certain health problems that make them more vulnerable to the virus. The commonwealth also announced plans to implement mass vaccination centers and to have the vaccine available at more private providers and pharmacies. Loudoun County will release details as to how this affects the county's vaccine distribution plan when they are available.
- Health Department Continues to Field Inquiries Related to the COVID-19 Vaccine: We appreciate your patience as we work to follow up with you as soon as we can regarding the next steps in the vaccination process. It may take days to weeks before you receive a response about an appointment for vaccine after sending an email to the Health Department or after calling the COVID-19 information line because the number of appointments available is limited by the amount of vaccine available to the Loudoun County Health Department. The Health Department is working as quickly as possible to respond to requests for vaccine appointments. For more information about COVID-19 vaccination efforts in Loudoun County, visit loudoun.gov/COVID19vaccine
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
Loudoun County Public Schools
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #