Posted on February 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 2/4/21@4:59 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 21,261 (up 246 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 10.7% (up 0.3% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 788 (up 6 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 186 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 33,751 (up 952 since last report) I Virginia: 963,953 (up 43,312 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- How Loudoun County communicates with you after you have submitted your pre-screening survey for a COVID-19 vaccination. On Thursday, 2/4/21, we published an extensive update on the current situation regarding vaccinations in Loudoun County. We added information to that post today that explains what happens after someone submits a pre-screening survey online, or by phone if they do not have access to the internet. We understand that people are frustrated when they don’t immediately hear from us, but we are working to schedule appointments as quickly as we can. Read the updated information about the communication process that was added to the post today (2/5/21).
- Virginia vaccine update: Virginia state officials are reporting report positive developments regarding COVID-19 vaccinations.
- As of today (2/5/21), Virginia is ranked ninth among the 50 states for the percent of population that has received at least one dose, and tenth for percent of available doses administered. More than 8 in 10 available first doses have been administered. You can find the latest figures on the Vaccine Summary Dashboard from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- The federal government has increased Virginia’s allocation of vaccine by approximately 23%, from 105,000 to 129,000 new first doses per week. However, the increase for each of Virginia’s 35 health districts, including Loudoun County, is still relatively small. All states rely on the federal government to distribute vaccine doses by population, and the pace of incoming doses is not expected to increase again until March.
- Need a COVID-19 test? The next Loudoun County-sponsored COVID-19 testing events are scheduled for Tuesday, February 9 and Thursday, February 11, 2021, at Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park in Leesburg. The events are being held from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays at various locations in the county. Find more information at loudoun.gov/covid19testing
- Keep up your job search during the pandemic. A wide range of virtual assistance with job searches and career development is available from the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center, including the Coffee with a Career Counselor series. Sign up for the next online session scheduled for Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. Find a link to register here.
- Have a ball with the Super Bowl but stay safe! You can still enjoy the big game and help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by gathering virtually or with the people in your household. If you watch with people who don’t live with you, outdoors is safer than indoors. Find more information on safer ways to enjoy the game from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19