Posted on March 8, 2021 at 4:12 PM by MaryFrances Forcier
Project Update: March 2021
Best Management Practices Research
As specified in the project plan, Kendig Keast Collaborative has completed to complete two Best Practices Assessments to inform the ZOR project:
The project also calls for a code audit, which evaluates the county’s code structure, districts, development standards, use regulations, and code administration process. The code audit, completed by WSP, includes recommended updates to the Zoning Ordinance that improve usability, modernize regulations, and implement the Loudoun County 2019 General Plan.
Round Two Public Input
- Between January and March, remote public input sessions have taken place with more than 30 community groups.
- Individuals are encouraged to participate in the public input process.
- To submit comments or questions:
Searchable Online Platform for Zoning Ordinances
- Significant progress has been made in building an online interactive platform for the county’s Zoning Ordinance(s), which will be linked from the county’s website. The 1972, 1993, Revised 1993, and Route 28 Overlay Zoning Ordinances have been migrated into the cloud-based software, which supports collaborative drafting, archiving, and code publishing.
- The online platform will allow the public to search all county Zoning Ordinances via text or GIS map interface, guide users towards appropriate ordinance sections based on their interests, and provide a mechanism for internal and public comments on proposed Ordinance amendments.
- The new platform is expected to be released in Summer 2021.