Posted on March 11, 2021 at 5:10 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 3/10/21@4:55 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 23,708 (up 67 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 6.1% (down 0.5% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 894 (up 10 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 262 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 96,133 (up 1,775 since last report) I Virginia: 2,493,097 (up 64,197 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- First Case of B.1.351 COVID-19 Variant in Virginia: The Virginia Department of Health reports that the first case of the B.1.351 COVID-19 variant, which first emerged in South Africa, has been reported in the northern region of Virginia. Health officials are not surprised. They say viruses change all the time and they expect to continue to see new variants of COVID-19. They also say the variants point to the importance of continuing mitigation strategies, such as:
- Free COVID-19 Testing March 16 & 18: Loudoun County's next drive-thru COVID-19 testing events are scheduled for March 16 and 18, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at Cascades Library, 21030 Whitfield Place, Potomac Falls. These are part of the county's ongoing free, twice-weekly events on Tuesdays and Thursdays at various locations in March. These are not mass testing events, so a limited number of tests will be available based on the capacity of each location. The complete schedule and links to registration forms that can be filled out ahead of time may be found at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- Virtual Help for Virtual Job Searches: The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way meetings are conducted, including job interviews and professional development events. If you’re looking for a job and not yet comfortable with virtual meetings, the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center is offering a free online workshop that can help.
The workshop will highlight the basics of using two of the most commonly used virtual platforms: GoToMeeting and Zoom. Learn how to check your settings, camera and microphone. Practice with the presenter and get more comfortable using these virtual platforms. The workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Find details and register here
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19