The original item was published from July 1, 2021 4:57 PM to July 1, 2021 5:44 PM
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 06/30/21@4:38 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 28,099 (up 2 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 0.9% (down 0.2% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,089 (unchanged since last report)
- Total Deaths: 283 (unchanged since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
- Health Officials Encourage Mask Wearing to Protect Against COVID-19: The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) wants residents to continue to wear face coverings to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. A VDH news release published today (7/1/21) points out that masks are an effective and legal way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. While state law prohibits wearing a mask for the purpose of concealing your identity, it does not prohibit wearing a mask for the purpose of preventing the spread of COVID-19. This is true even now that Virginia’s statewide declaration of emergency is no longer in effect as of today.
- New COVD-19 Testing Tool: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has introduced the web-based COVID-19 Viral Testing Tool. The interactive, mobile-friendly tool provides recommendations for COVID-19 testing and resources based on the user’s responses. It can help you determine if you should get a COVID-19 test and what type of test you should get. When test results are available, the tool can help interpret the results and guide you through your next steps. You can find more information about COVID-19 testing as well as testing locations in Loudoun at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- Get a Free COVID-19 Vaccine Friday: Anyone 12 and older is welcome to walk in to the Loudoun County COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Dulles Town Center tomorrow, Friday, July 2, 2021, from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. You can also schedule an appointment online. Note that anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Fourth of July Community Vaccination Clinic: Celebrate Independence Day by getting a COVID-19 vaccine during the July Fourth celebration at Ida Lee Park, 60 Ida Lee Drive in Leesburg, Sunday, July 4, from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. No need to pre-register. This is one of several community vaccination clinics being held in Loudoun County over the next few months.
- From Daily to Weekly Report: This is the last week that Loudoun County's COVID-19 Summary Report is published daily. Next week, the daily COVID-19 Summary Report will transition to weekly, with spot reports published as needed. Beginning July 12, the weekly COVID-19 Summary Report will be published on Mondays. The latest COVID-19 data is available on the Virginia Department of Health’s website at any time.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19