Short-term road improvements continue on Evergreen Mills Road and Watson Road. Construction crews completed tree trimming along the two roadways. The next phase will perform traffic signal operations/timing modifications at these two intersections.
- Intersection of Evergreen Mills Road and Red Hill/Ryan Road.
- Intersection at Evergreen Mills Road and Belmont Ridge Road/Briarfield Lane.
The traffic signal operations/timing modifications are estimated to be completed at the end of 2021.
In addition, construction crews will be installing advance warning flashing beacons on Evergreens Mills Road in these general locations:
- North of the Evergreen SportsPlex.
- North of the intersection of Evergreen Mills Road and Red Hill/Ryan Road.
- On Evergreen Mills Road between Briarfield Lane and Stone Springs Boulevard.
The beacon installation is expected to be completed in early 2022.
Construction work will take place during daytime hours. During construction, travelers can anticipate traffic stoppages, lane closures and flagging operations with little advanced notice. Drivers should use extra caution and plan ahead when traveling through this area and follow all directions from the posted signs and road crews. Members of the public will be informed about upcoming construction through the county’s communication channels, including the project page on the Loudoun County website, news alerts and the county’s Facebook and Twitter sites.
More information about the Evergreen Mills Road and Watson Road short-term improvements, including a link to sign up for updates, may be found at loudoun.gov/evergreenmillswatson.