Loudoun County has home improvement and repair programs designed to rehabilitate existing housing. The programs include:
Loudoun County Home Improvement Program (LCHIP): The LCHIP program is available countywide to low-to-moderate-income homeowners who want to rehabilitate their primary residences.
- Loans are available for repairs that include correcting code violations, addressing health and safety issues, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC system repairs. All work is performed by licensed, bonded and insured contractors.
- Eligibility for the program is determined by income.
- Loans are awarded based on credit worthiness. The home improvement loan has a ten-year term and may be forgivable and/or interest free.
Emergency Home Repair and Accessibility Grant Program (EHRA): The EHRA program is available countywide to homeowners who meet income requirements, are at least 62 years old and/or have a household member with a disability. The current income requirement is at/or below 50 percent of the Area Median Income, which is $58,600 for a family of four.
- Grants are available for emergency repairs and/or accessibility improvements.
- Grants are available in amounts up to $5,000
More information about the programs, including income charts used to determine eligibility, is available at www.loudoun.gov/HomeImprovement or by contacting Robert McCarthy of the Loudoun County Department of Family Services by email or by phone at 703-777-0506.
# # #