Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the second half business tangible personal property tax is Monday, October 7, 2019.
Payments postmarked after October 7, 2019, will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional late payment interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed on both the tax and late payment penalty. Payments not received within 60 days of the due date will incur an additional 15 percent penalty. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Commissioner of the Revenue.
To assist with the high volume of taxpayers expected at the Loudoun County Government Center on October 7, the Treasurer’s Office will set up a temporary payment station from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the county parking garage. Visitors to the parking garage should park on the first floor of the garage. A sign will be posted in the garage to direct people to the location where Treasurer’s Office employees will be accepting payments. Although the Harrison Street entrance to the Government Center has been closed to the public, the Treasurer’s Office will have employees at this entrance available to accept payments. Those payments will be accepted if the check for payment and the appropriate tax bill are together. Cash will not be accepted. Payments will not be accepted if the bill is not enclosed.
Payments can be made using electronic check (echeck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to payment card transactions. There is no fee for echeck. Payments may be made:
- Online: www.loudounportal.com/taxes
- Through a Mobile Device: The Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to www.loudounportal.com/taxes to pay taxes.
- By Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locations
- 1 Harrison Street SE, 1st Floor, Leesburg
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
The offices’ regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Both offices will have extended hours on October 4 and 7, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Twenty-four-hour deposit boxes are located outside each office.
Owners of business tangible personal property who have not received a tax bill should contact the Loudoun County Treasurer's Office at 703-777-0280 or by email.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at loudoun.gov/alert. You may also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines.
# # #