The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has approved changes to Loudoun County Transit service due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Board approved adjustments to transit service and a waiver of fares during an emergency business meeting Wednesday. The changes, which are effective March 30, 2020, include:
- Commuter Bus Service: Temporarily suspend all commuter bus routes to and from Washington DC, Rosslyn, Crystal City and the Pentagon.
- Metro-Connection: Reduce or suspend service on all routes.
- Metro Connection and Local Fixed Routes: Waive fare collection for up to 60 days with the ability for an extension.
- Metro Connection: Passenger loading through the rear door, where available, to meet social distancing protocols.
There are no service changes recommended for the Local Fixed Route service at this time. Future changes may be recommended as more ridership data is collected and analyzed.
The Metro Connection routes, which provide service to and from Metrorail stations, will continue to operate with the following service changes:
- Reduction in morning and afternoon trips for:
- Routes 901 and 902, serving Potomac Falls to Ballston Metrorail Station;
- Routes 923 and 924, serving Goose Creek Village/Broadlands to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station;
- Routes 925 and 926, serving Loudoun Station to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station;
- Route 88X, serving Dulles South/East Gate to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station.
- Suspension of service for Routes 921 and 922, serving Harmony/Leesburg to Wiehle-Reston East.
Although Loudoun County Transit continues to be available to serve residents who have no alternate way to travel during this time, passengers are reminded that the most effective way to prevent the spread of illness is to follow the recommendations from public health officials. If you are not feeling well or have symptoms of illness, please stay home and avoid taking public transportation.
Over the coming weeks, Loudoun County Transit will continue to monitor ridership and services for possible additional changes. Stay up to date about any service changes or modified schedules at loudoun.gov/buschanges.
For information and updates regarding Loudoun County’s COVID-19 response, including guidance from health officials, visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus.
# # #