Every household in Loudoun County, including those in the incorporated towns, will be receiving important COVID-19 information by mail in the next few days. The county encourages residents to look for a postcard from Loudoun County in the mail, read it, and keep it as a reference guide.
“It is only through responding to COVID-19 as a community that we can continue to slow the spread of this disease,” said Dr. David Goodfriend, director of the Loudoun County Health Department. “It’s particularly important that you take actions to protect seniors and those with underlying medical conditions, both in your home and the community.”
The postcard includes important information to help protect yourself and your family, including reminding all residents to take the following actions:
- Social distance – stay at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands and avoid touching your face.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home to the greatest extent possible.
- Self-isolate if you are sick.
- Let your close contacts know if you are sick so they can self-quarantine.
The information in the postcard is also available online at loudoun.gov/coronavirus and in other languages: Spanish (PDF), Arabic (PDF), Korean (PDF), and Vietnamese (PDF). Other informational flyers about COVID-19 also are online here.
The Health Department is also asking ill individuals to proactively reach out to their close contacts and let them know they are sick.
“It’s important for our whole community to stay involved in slowing the spread,” said Goodfriend. “With sick individuals reaching out to their close contacts right away, people will be alerted even more quickly, which helps our work in slowing the spread.”
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877 to receive text messages in Spanish from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #