The Virginia Cooperative Extension Family Nutrition Program, "Eat Smart, Move More," empowers you to take charge of your health by eating healthy and living an active lifestyle. Our nutrition educators work with Virginians to teach essential life skills like cooking, managing a food budget, using SNAP/EBT, being physically active, handling food safely, and planning meals.
Food Pantry Inventory and Using a Grocery List – Quick Tips
- Take inventory of your pantry list often by going through your pantry items and making a list of what you currently have, what is expiring soon, and what you are running low on
- Label food items with their expiration dates so you can keep track of which items need to be eaten first
- Keep the basic supplies your family uses most on hand
- When making a grocery list, refer to your inventory list to quickly see what you need to buy
- Organize your grocery list by putting items in the order that you expect to put them in your cart.
- Use the Family Nutrition Program’s Weekly Shopping Planner as a guide.
To learn more information, read a recipe, and to use the Weekly Shopping Planner, view the flyer (PDF).
The Virginia Cooperative Extension Family Nutrition Program is in partnership with Loudoun Hunger Relief.