Effective, Monday, October 24, 2022, Loudoun County Transit will close the Ashburn North Park and Ride lot permanently and make bus service changes to better meet passenger needs. The Ashburn North Park and Ride lot, located at 45151 Russell Branch Parkway in Ashburn, has provided daytime parking for carpools, vanpools and bus riders. This lot closure will have the following impacts for Route 72 bus passengers and commuters:
- Park and Ride lot services, including free parking, will no longer be provided at the Ashburn North Park and Ride lot. Carpool and vanpool customers are encouraged to use the One Loudoun Park and Ride lot at 20360 Savin Hill Drive in Ashburn. Commuters may also visit loudoun.gov/parkandridelots to view convenient alternative lot locations.
- Route 72 bus passengers who have been riding to and from the Ashburn North Park and Ride lot are advised to use the new Route 72 stop at the One Loudoun Park and Ride lot at 20360 Savin Hill Drive in Ashburn. This park and ride lot provides free parking.
Additional bus service adjustments will impact passengers on Routes 884, 885 and 886 using the bus stop at H and 4th Streets in Washington, D.C. as follows:
- The Route 884 bus will no longer pick up passengers at 4:00 p.m. at the H and 4th Streets stop. An alternative 4:00 p.m. trip from this stop is provided on Route 886 as described below. The remaining scheduled Route 884 trips at this stop beginning at 4:30 p.m. will continue unchanged.
- A new Route 885 trip has been added at 4:00 p.m. at the H and 4th Streets stop with service to the Leesburg, Harmony and Purcellville Park and Ride lots.
- A new Route 886 trip has been added at 4:00 p.m. at the H and 4th Streets stop with service to the Dulles North Transit Center and Brambleton Park and Ride lot.
Details on the lot closure and bus service changes, including new schedules, may be found at loudoun.gov/buschanges.
# # #