PRCS Summer Camps
We offer full-day programs for children in grades K-8, adaptive recreation camps and specialty and sports camps at centers, parks and schools throughout the county. Our goal is for participants to experience their "best camp ever" with outdoor adventures, sports, art, horsemanship, science, nature, engineering, music, theater and more! Camp guides are available at PRCS centers, park offices and libraries in March.
- Daze Summer Camp (Grades K-5)
- Fest Summer Camp (Grades 6-8)
- Adaptive Recreation Camp
- Center, Park & Other Camps
Daze Summer Camp for children enrolled in grades K-5 (for fall) is designed to stimulate creative minds, build healthy bodies, provide age-appropriate challenges and develop lasting friendships. Your child will experience:
- Weekly activities including science and nature, arts and crafts, sports, group games, music and drama, cooking and more!
- A fabulous end of summer camp-wide celebration!
2021 Elementary School Camp Sites
- Western Loudoun - Kenneth Culbert, Lovettsville
- Leesburg - Balls Bluff, Frederick Douglass, Tolbert
- Ashburn - Dominion Trail, Mill Run, Newton Lee, Sanders Corner
- Sterling - Lowes Island, Algonkian, Countryside
- Brambleton - Legacy
- South Riding - Arcola, Little River
- June 21 - August 13
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Daze: $195//week ($156 for week 3)
- Free & Reduced Lunch Participants : $146.25/week ($117 for week 3)
Fest Summer Camp is an awesome, middle-school-only camp for children enrolled in grades 6-8 (for fall) offered at several school sites in the county. Campers experience jam-packed weeks with science, nature, arts and crafts, sports, group games, music, drama and plenty of chill time.
2021 Elementary School Camp Sites*
- Western Loudoun - Frederick Douglass
- Central Location -Belmont Station
- Sterling - Horizon
- South Riding - Pinebrook
* All school sites to be confirmed
- June 23 - August 13 (No camp 7/5)
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Fest: $195//week ($156 for week 3)
- Free & Reduced Lunch Participants: $146.25/week ($117 for week 3)
- Adaptive Recreation Summer Camp (AR Camp) offers participants opportunities to enjoy traditional recreation activities, as well as new leisure experiences.
- AR Camp is designed to meet the individual needs of participants who generally benefit from extra support as they strive for daily success within school, leisure and community settings.
- AR Camp maintains high standards. Staff is trained to ensure that all participants have a safe and fun camp experience.
2021 Elementary School Camp Site
- Moorefield Station
- June 28 - July 30
- Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- AR Camp: $132//week ($105 for week 3)
- Free & Reduced Lunch Participants: $99/week ($78.75 for week 3)
- PRCS offers a variety of camps at community and recreation centers, parks, LCPS sites and other locations (e.g., dance studios, riding stables) throughout the county.
- Some camps, including trip camps, offered by community and recreation centers are operated as licensed camps, with preregistration for returning campers and required forms. Refer to the registration tab for more information.
- Camp schedules include half-day, full-day and other options appropriate for preschool age through high school.
- Camp themes and subject matter may include art, nature, culinary, dance, equine, science, music, outdoor adventure, leadership, video gaming and fitness. Sports camps may include baseball, basketball, football, golf, soccer, tennis, volleyball and wrestling.
- Camp descriptions can be found in the annual summer Camp Guide. Guides are available online and at PRCS center and park offices, county libraries and PRCS Administration beginning in early March.
Camps are offered in June, July and August.
Registration Dates & Details
2021 Daze, Fest & Adaptive Recreation
- Preregistration for participants who attended 2019 or 2020 Daze, Fest or Adaptive Recreation summer camps runs from 8:30 a.m. on March 9 until 5 p.m. on March 15.
- Preregistration for new families participating in the Loudoun County Public Schools Free and Reduced Lunch Program runs from 8:30 a.m. on March 16 until 5 p.m. on March 19. Proof of participation is required. Registration must be completed in person at PRCS Administration, 742 Miller Drive SE, Leesburg, VA, or call 703-737-8042 for assistance.
- Open registration for any remaining spots runs from 8:30 a.m. on March 23 until 5 p.m. on April 30.
2021 Center, Park & Other Camps
- Preregistration for participants who attended 2019 or 2020 licensed camps (e.g., trip camps) at community and recreation centers runs from 8:30 a.m. on March 9 through 5 p.m. on March 15. Online preregistration begins at 8:30 a.m. on March 9. In-person preregistration is held during normal operating hours at PRCS center and park offices.
- Open registration for remaining spots in licensed camps at community and recreation centers begins March 23. Online registration begins at 12:01 a.m. on March 23. In-person registration is held during normal operating hours at PRCS center and park offices.
- Additional paperwork may be required. Returning families will be notified in advance. New families will be notified upon registration.
- General registration for most PRCS summer camps at centers, parks and other locations (e.g., sports, dance, nature, preschool, specialty, etc.) begins March 23. Online registration begins at 12:01 a.m. and in-person registration is held during normal operating hours at PRCS center and park offices.
Instructions & Required Forms
- How to register (PDF)
- Step-by-step how to register (video)
- Register, make payments and request ID/password online
- Medication Authorization Form (PDF)
- Adaptive Recreation forms
Cancellations, Withdrawals & Refunds
- Cancellation requests made 15 or more days before the camp start date are eligible for a full refund (minus a 15% administrative fee up to $15). Requests made 14 or fewer days before the start of camp are eligible for a 50% refund. Requests must be dated, include an explanation and be sent by email to the manager of the location or program offering the camp.
- Withdrawal requests related to the quality of the camp must be dated, include an explanation and be sent by email to the manager of the location or program offering the camp. The amount of any refund will be prorated.
- Daze & Fest cancellation requests made less than three weeks before the start date are subject to a fee of 50% of the balance (excluding the $25 weekly deposit), for a refund of $80 ($61.50 for the week of July 4).