- Departments & Offices
- Transit & Commuter Services
- Silver Line in Loudoun County
Metrorail Silver Line in Loudoun County
Metrorail Silver and Orange Line station closures and delays from June 3 – June 25, 2023.Due to construction June 3 - 25, there will be no Silver Line service between Ballston-MU and McLean and no Orange Line service between Ballston-MU and Vienna. Free shuttle bus service will be available. More at wmata.com/2023majorconstruction. Read On...
Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA) provides Silver Line Metrorail Service to and from the Dulles Airport, Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn Metro Stations in Loudoun County.
Silver Line Extension - Open for service!
Loudoun County is building a reliable and efficient multimodal transportation network that includes the Silver Line, constructed by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA), a 23-mile Metrorail extension of the regional Metrorail system into Loudoun County.
The Silver Line Extension began passenger service on November 15, 2022.
- Loudoun County's three stations - Washington Dulles International Airport, Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn are open.
- Loudoun County's parking garages at the Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn Stations are open.
- On November 16, 2022, Loudoun County's new Silver Line bus routes began.
- On November 19, 2022, Loudoun County and Comstock co-hosted a celebration of the opening of the Silver Line Metrorail extension in Loudoun County, at Loudoun Station.
Learn more from Metro
- Visit wmata.com/silverline
- View WMATA's Silver Line Extension Frequently Asked Questions
News and Announcements
- News Release: 4-27-23: Loudoun County Transit Adjusts Silver Line Bus Service Beginning May 1
- News Release: 4-17-23: Metro announces travel alternatives for Orange, Silver, and Green Line 2023 Major Construction project this summer
- News Release: 3-24-23: Loudoun County Transit Resumes Full Service Following End of Labor Action
- News Release: 1-16-23: Metro avoids rail service impacts; WMSC issues stay on rail operator training
- News Release: 1-16-23: Metro Appealing WMSC directives that sideline more than 50 certified rail operators, stall railcar return plan, and disrupt customer service
- News Release: 12-30-22: Loudoun County Resumes Silver Line Bus Fares Beginning January 3
- For more information or answers to questions about the Metro Silver Line in Loudoun County, please call 703-771-5665 or email us.
- For more information or answers to questions about Metrorail service or stations, please call WMATA Customer Relations at 202-637-1328 or use their customer comment form.