Creating Community during COVID-19
As PRCS moves through Virginia’s reopening phases and offers programs in accordance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Virginia Department of Health and Loudoun County Health Department, we continue to be here for you digitally as all of us learn to navigate this new environment.
Our content includes instructional videos (some made prior to social distancing, etc), virtual tours, activities to do at home, social media and other resources to help us create community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We invite you to visit this page often for new content, to explore the PRCS story of creating community through people, parks and programs and to check out our video spotlight.
Senior Center Newsletters
- Dulles South Senior Center Newsletters (PDF)
- Carver Center Newsletters (PDF)
- Senior Center at Cascades Newsletters (PDF)
- The Senior Center at Leesburg Newsletters (PDF)
Adult Day Center Newsletters
Senior Trips Newsletter
- Activity Ideas for Seniors
- Cascades Advisory Board Line Dancing and More How-To Videos
- Crossword Puzzles
- Printable Word Searches
- Trivia Online
- Virtual Museum Tours
- YMCA Exercise Videos for Active Older Adults
- Alzheimer’s Association: Everyday Ideas for Caregivers (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s Association: 292 Things To Do With A Person Who Has Alzheimer’s Disease (PDF)
- Caregivers Activity Resources
- Caregivers Virtual Coffee Chat with Lori
- Virtual Support Group for Caregivers of Loved Ones with Memory Loss
Dulles South Wellness Week
- Claude Moore Recreation & Community Center Fit Kids Activity (PDF)
- Five Reasons to Exercise with Your Dog (PDF)
- Ingredients for a Home Gym by Claude Moore Recreation Community Center (PDF)
- Tips for Beginner Runners (PDF)
- YMCA Health & Fitness Videos for Active Older Adults
- Colonial Williamsburg Virtual Trips
- Corona virus social story for kids
- Edible Education!
- Educators Get Creative to Serve Students with Disabilities
- Farm Food - 360 Camera Tours
- Find COVID-19 resources for the disability community
- Monteray Bay Aquarium - Live Cams
- Nature Conservancy Virtual Trips
- Parents and Schools Are Struggling to Care for Kids With Special Needs
- San Diego Zoo - Live Cams
- Virtual Rides & Tours at Hershey Park
Games & Activities
- Bird Action Dice Game
- Cootie Catcher Fox
- Discovery Hike
- Flappy Bat Activity
- Jumping Spider Activity
- Slithering Snake Activity
Parks & Trails Photo Albums
Franklin Park Performing & Visual Arts Center
The Franklin Park Performing & Visual Arts Center is creating community virtually with "Start Lunch with the Arts." Each day at noon, a short program or video of cultural nourishing will be posted LIVE or prerecorded on the Arts Center Facebook page.
- August Events at Franklin Park Arts Center
- Lunch with the Arts schedule
- Franklin Park Performing & Visual Arts Center Coloring Sheet (PDF)
No Frame Required Art Contest
- Overview Document
- View the Reception & Show Virtually!
- Interactive Exhibit Catalog (PDF) Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Virtual Coffeehouse Series
We are re-inventing our popular Sunday night coffeehouse series! Put the kids to bed, grab your favorite drink and tune in for these LIVE performances via the Arts Center Facebook page or website. Invite your friends and then connect afterwards to chat about what you watched!
Schedule: All performances 8 p.m.
- May 3 Penny Hauffe & Phil Erickson: Scene from Pygmalion
- May 10 Singer, Songwriter Eli Pafuni: Mini Concert: Eli Pafuni, singer songwriter
- May 17 Jazz Trombonist Harry Watters: The Great American Songbook
- May 24 Joan Wolford & Frank Shipp: Music and theater: Joan Wolford and Frank Shipp
- May 31 Cecilia Bracey: Musical Theater Selections
- June 7 The Soulful Voice of Maddy Curtis Vencil
Virtual Coffeehouse Bingo & Prizes!
Download this BINGO card for the month of May! While you enjoy the Virtual Coffeehouse, "X" out the correct statements. Watch every coffeehouse in order to shout "BINGO!" Mail or email your winning card and we will send you a prize - a real prize, not a virtual one!
PRCS Facebook Pages
- Main PRCS Facebook Page
- Banshee Reeks Nature Preserve
- Bluemont Community Center
- Carver Senior Center
- Claude Moore Park
- Claude Moore Recreation and Community Center
- Douglass Community Center
- Dulles South Senior Center
- Dulles South Recreation and Community Center
- Franklin Park
- Franklin Park Performing and Visual Arts Center
- Loudoun Valley Community Center
- Lovettsville Community Center
- Round Hill Indoor Aquatic Center
- Sterling Community Center