Demographic Estimates & Forecasts
Periodically, demographic estimates and forecasts of population, housing units, households, and employment are produced for the county and areas within the county.
- Estimates - Present time and past years
- Forecasts - Future years through 2045 (Note: Forecasts were developed prior to the release of the 2020 Decennial Census data.)>
Demographic estimates are produced for years between decennial censuses, up to the present time. The reference date of the figures is April 1 of the specified year.
- 2022 Population: 434,362
- 2022 Households (Occupied Housing Units): 141,678
Current Estimate Series
- County- 2022 Estimates Series
Historic Decennial Census
Demographic forecasts are produced using Loudoun County Government’s estimates as a basis. Forecasts reflect:
- Approved developments remaining to be built
- Land use constraints
- Long-range supply of land
- Market conditions
- Planned land use
- Recent development activity
Demographic forecasts are available for housing units, households, population, and employment. Loudoun County submits its TAZ forecasts to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG). Forecasts are for Round 9.2 of the MWCOG forecast series. Round 9.2 reflects land use changes based on the Loudoun County 2019 General Plan, as well as recent trends and the outlook as of 2020.