Erosion & Sediment (E&S) Control Bonds

  1. New E&S Bonds
  2. Maintenance E&S Bonds
  3. E&S Bond Release 

New Bonds

  • There are three components to establishing a new Erosion and Sediment Control (E&S) bond: The plans, the permit (which serves as the Agreement) and the collateral.
  • After the E&S Field Engineer issues the permit approval letter, you can submit the bond. Standards for acceptable E&S bonds are the same as Performance Bonds.

The Plans

  • You must have an approval letter in hand before submitting a bond.
  • The collateral must meet Loudoun County Standards, as defined in Section 8.300 of the Facilities Standards Manual. Cash is accepted in the form of a Cashier's Check or a Certified Check only.

Submitting New Bonds

  • Bonding documents must be fully executed before they can be reviewed. Be sure to include a copy of your grading plan approval letter and note the Permit Number on your transmittal to the county so we can match the bond to the plans and permit.

Related Resources: New Bonds