Youth & Family Resource Center
Many families with teenagers face behavioral challenges, including issues at home, in the community, and with peers. To help families address these challenges, the Youth and Family Resource Center provides support to Loudoun youth ages 11-17 and their families. The center connects families to county and community programs and services that can help.
Who Can Request Help
- Families can request help at any time by completing the Get Started steps outlined below; this is called a “self-referral.”
- Professionals can also refer families by completing Step 1 below.
What to Expect
- When families come to the center, they meet with a Resource Center Liaison and complete an informational screening.
- The Resource Center Liaison then works with the family to develop an action plan based on the information gathered. This plan may include referrals to specific services and programs to support the family and help youth overcome those challenges.
- The initial meeting may take approximately 90 minutes.
- After the initial meeting, the Resource Center Liaison follows up by phone and text with the family and the referring entity to see how the plan is working and see if further assistance is needed.
The Youth and Family Resource Center is open to Loudoun youth ages 11-17 and their families.
Families should complete the steps below to request a screening. If the family is referred to Youth and Family Resource Center by another agency, families should work with their referral source to complete the steps below.
Step 1: Complete a Referral Form
Complete a Referral Form to help us understand your specific needs.
Step 2: Schedule an In-Person Interview
After completing the Referral Form, a member of our team will contact you to schedule an in-person interview at the Youth and Family Resource Center. Or, contact us at 571-367-8450 to schedule an appointment.
Families with children are invited to join these free workshops to hear from community partners on a variety of topics. All sessions are held at the Youth & Family Resource Center located at 42055 Gourley Transit Drive in Leesburg.
Register for a session by contacting the center by email or call 571-367-8450.
An Introduction to the Juvenile Justice System
Calling the police, going to court, probation officers, detention placements, and everything in between. This session will provide children and caregivers information about how the juvenile justice system works in Loudoun County. This session will be presented by the Juvenile Court Service Unit team.
- Thursday, February 22, 2024, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner provided.
- View and download the Juvenile Justice System event flyer - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
Everything You Need to Know about LGBTQ+
An educational and supportive presentation for teens and their parents along with an open time for questions and answers, as well as referrals to community resources. This session will be presented by Equality Loudoun.
- Thursday, March 21, 2024, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner provided.
- View and download the event flyer - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
Tips for Parenting Teenagers
An educational session for parents and their teens regarding two-way communication, expectations, and boundary setting. This session will be presented by Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN) of Northern Virginia.
- Thursday, April 25, 2024, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner provided.
Location and Hours
The Youth and Family Resource Center is part of the Youth Services Center located at:
42055 Gourley Transit Drive
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
The Youth and Family Resource Center is open Monday - Thursday between 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
Contact us at 571-367-8450.