Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center
Update: The walk-in hours for the Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center have been temporarily adjusted to Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. due to staffing limitations. Services are available by phone 24/7 at 703-777-0320.
Center Services & Details
The Loudoun County Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Assessment Center provides behavioral health evaluation, crisis intervention and stabilization services, as well as referrals to various resources for anyone experiencing a behavioral health crisis. The services are provided by experienced clinicians from the Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS). During the hours of operation, a Loudoun County Sheriff’s deputy is available to receive an individual in crisis brought to the center by law enforcement, which allows law enforcement to return to patrol duties.
Location, Hours & Partnerships
Emergency behavioral health support services are available 24/7 by phone at 703-777-0320.
The CIT Assessment Center is located at:
102 Heritage Way NE
Leesburg, VA 20176
The center is open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, and is made possible by the continuing partnership between MHSADS and the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO).
Anyone experiencing a behavioral health crisis is not alone. Support is available by phone or online 24/7:
- CrisisLink 24/7 Crisis & Suicide Prevention Hotline, Textline, and Chatline:
- Call: 703-527-4077 or 800-273-TALK (8255); if you use TTY, dial 711
- Text: “CONNECT” to 855-11
- Lifeline Chat: SuicidePreventionLifeline.org/chat
- CR2 (Community Regional Crisis Response) 24/7 Emergency Response for children, youth and adults experiencing a behavioral health crisis:
- 844-N-CRISIS (627-4747) or 571-364-7390; if you use TTY, dial 711
- REACH (Regional Education Assessment Crisis Services Habilitation) 24/7 Emergency Response for individuals with a developmental disability experiencing crisis events:
- Call 911 and ask for a CIT Deputy.
The CIT Assessment Center is part of the Loudoun County CIT initiative. Since its inception, Loudoun County CIT has focused on improving the safety of law enforcement and individuals during crisis situations; increasing law enforcement knowledge of various mental health presentations and community resources; improving access to mental health evaluations for individuals in crisis who come to the attention of law enforcement; raising community awareness of CIT-trained law enforcement; and advancing public recognition of the need for mental health care for citizens of Loudoun County.