June 8, 2021 Primary Election
A Democratic Party primary election will be held in Loudoun County on Tuesday, June 8, 2021. Offices on the ballot(s) will include Democratic Party nominees for Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and Members of the House of Delegates in Districts 34 and 86. The Republican Party has chosen to conduct their own process so there will not be a Republican Primary on this date.
Preliminary results will be available shortly after polls close at 7:00 p.m. on June 8, 2021, and can be viewed in two different formats:
- Results for Primary Election in Loudoun County - in Real Time as Reported
- Preliminary Statewide Results for Primary Elections from the Virginia Department of Elections
Three Ways to Vote: Pick the Option that Works Best for You
All registered voters in Virginia now have the option to vote at home, vote early or vote on election day. No excuses required no matter your choice. Just click on the underlined title of the voting option you would like to visit that page for more information.
- Vote at Home: We’ll mail your ballot and important information to you. You’ll fill it out following the instructions enclosed, and send it back. Click here to learn more about absentee voting.
- Vote Early: Early voting will be available for all registered Loudoun County voters at the Office of Elections in Leesburg starting April 23, 2021 and at additional early voting centers in the final week before the election. There is no pre-application required to vote early in-person, simply check the locations, dates and times and go vote when it's most convenient for you! Click here to learn more, including locations, dates, and hours.
- Note that if you have requested a ballot to be mailed to your home and you decide you'd rather vote early you must bring the ballot with you and trade in for a new one. Ballots begin mailing on April 23, so we advise voters to wait until at least April 30 to receive their ballot.
- Vote on Election Day: Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Click here to learn more about voting on election day.
What’s on Your Ballot?
- Ballot Style 1 - All county voters with the exception of those listed below
- Ballot Style 2 - House District 34 - precincts 207-River Bend, 209-Potomac Falls, 214-Sugarland North, 215-Sugarland South, 216-Lowes Island, 217-South Bank, and 708-Seneca only
- Ballot Style 3 - House District 86 - precincts 701-Sully, and 705-Forest Grove only
Voters are encouraged to verify their registration information, and to double check their voting precinct at www.vote.virginia.gov to ensure they know their precinct number and are viewing the correct ballot.
|Request Vote-at-Home Ballot||Now|
|Early Voting begins at Office of Elections in Leesburg||Friday, April 23, 2021|
|First Set of Vote-at-Home Ballots Mailed||Friday, April 23, 2021|
|Online Voter Registration Deadline||Monday, May 17, 2021, 11:59 p.m.|
|In-Person Voter Registration Deadline||Monday, May 17, 2021, 5:00 p.m.|
|By-Mail Voter Registration Deadline||Postmarked no later than Monday, May 17, 2021|
|Early Voting begins at Additional Early Voting Locations||Saturday, May 29, 2021|
|Last Day to Request a Ballot by Mail||Friday, May 28, 2021|
|Last Day for Early Voting||Saturday, June 5, 2021|
|Election Day Voting 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Tuesday, June 8, 2021|