Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail
- The project includes the design and construction of sidewalks and a shared-use path (pedestrian and bicycle) from the center of the Town of Round Hill to Franklin Park in western Loudoun County. In addition, the project includes county management of the Town of Round Hill’s Main Street pedestrian and streetscape project.
- The scope of the Round Hill Main Street project includes the construction of a concrete sidewalk along the east side of Main Street, curb on both sides of the street, curb ramps, small retaining walls and storm drainage improvements.
- Both the Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail and Round Hill Main Street projects are funded in part by the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA’s) Transportation Alternatives Program under separate grants. The Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail grant was awarded in 2000 and the Round Hill Main Street grant was awarded in 2008.
- Loudoun County’s Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail project is funded with local taxes and the Transportation Alternatives grant.
- The Town of Round Hill’s Main Street project is funded with county and town taxes, and the Transportation Alternatives grant.
- A ribbon cutting celebrating the completion of construction of the Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail project was held on September 27, 2022, in front of the Town Park Pavilion at Loudoun Street Park in the Town of Round Hill.
Current Phase: Complete
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates for the Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.