The Zoning Administration Division:
- Reviews legislative and land development applications
- Updates the official zoning map and Zoning Ordinance Opens a New Window.
- Presents Zoning Ordinance Amendments to the Board of Supervisors
- Serves as point of contact for the Board of Zoning Appeals and the Zoning Ordinance Action Group
- Ensures Zoning Compliance with ordinances and code
What you can do on your property depends on many factors, including allowed uses in the Zoning Ordinance. Other factors that may affect what you can do with and on your property include:
- The size of your property
- Environmental features such as:
- Mountainside overlay district
- Limestone overlay district
- If you are in a historic district
- Private access easements
- Private conditions, covenants and restrictions
Subdivision is allowable by right in many rural districts if you meet the requirements of the zoning district. Check with the Department of Building and Development for details.
If you know the address or pin number of a property, you can find detailed information about the property through the following:
- Report an Issue - Loudoun Express Request (LEx) or call 703-777-0103 Opens a New Window.
- Overcrowding complaint
- General zoning violation
- Illegal dumping or litter
- Planning and Zoning Customer Service Center
- General Zoning Questions
- Submitting requests for zoning determinations or verifications