Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Planning Commission Certifies Draft Plan; Board of Supervisors Begins Review, Schedules Public Hearings
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors will review the draft Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan in April, May and June 2019 with a vote on adoption expected in June 2019. The draft plan includes the county’s General Plan and Countywide Transportation Plan. Once adopted, it will serve as the county government’s guide for land use and transportation policy.
- News Release: County Offers Video Option for Public Comment at Loudoun 2040 Public Hearings Opens a New Window. (April 16, 2019)
- News Release: Board Begins Review of Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan Opens a New Window. (April 1, 2019)
- News Release: Planning Commission Certifies Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan; Board to Begin Review (March 27, 2019)
- Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan, Certified Draft: March 13, 2019 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Letter from the Planning Commission to the Board of Supervisors: Transmittal of Plan (PDF)
ns a New Wi Opens a New Wind Opens a New Window. The Board of Supervisors is scheduled to review the plan at a series of meetings dedicated to the plan as outlined below. The date of the meeting is a link to documents prepared for that meeting. Public hearings are scheduled for April 24 and 27, 2019. Meetings also are posted on the Loudoun County Government calendar Opens a New Window. . Any changes to meeting dates, times and locations will be posted on this webpage and the calendar.
|April 3, 6:00 p.m. Opens a New Window.||Work Session||Model Results Presentation|
|April 24, 6:00 p.m.||Public Hearing||Public Input|
|April 27, 9:00 a.m.||Public Hearing||Public Input|
|May 1, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|May 8, 6:30 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|May 20, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|May 29, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|June 5, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|June 20, 5:00 p.m.||Business Meeting||Potential adoption of Loudoun 2040|
- The Board work sessions will be held at the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, SE in Leesburg.
- The Board's April 24, 2019, public hearing will be held at the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, SE in Leesburg.
- The Board's April 27, 2019, public hearing will be held at the Loudoun County Public Schools Administration Building, 21000 Education Court in Ashburn.
- The Board's June 20, 2019 business meeting will be held at the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, SE in Leesburg.
Television and Webcast Coverage
The meetings will be televised live on Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40 and Verizon FiOS Channel 40. They also are live streamed at www.loudoun.gov/webcast. Archived videos of Board meetings are posted online. at www.loudoun.gov/meetings.
Providing Comments at the Board Public Hearings
- The Board of Supervisors will hear public comment on the Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan during public hearings scheduled for Wednesday, April 24, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 27, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- During the public hearings scheduled for April 24 and 27, 2019, any member of the public may address the Board regarding Loudoun 2040; however, each member of the public wishing to address the Board may speak at only one of the sessions. All speakers will be limited to two minutes and 30 seconds so that all in attendance may have the opportunity to speak. Written comments are welcomed at any time and may be sent to the Board of Supervisors, 1 Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, Virginia 20177 or by e-mail Opens a New Window. . If submitting written comments, information or materials at the hearing, 10 copies should be provided for distribution to the Board members and for the Clerk’s records.
- The public hearings are expected to attract a large number of speakers and for the convenience of the public, there will be an option for speakers to videotape their comments on a first-come, first-served basis at the locations of each public hearing. Members of the public who wish to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors may record their comments during one of the two public hearings; video recording will end when the public hearing adjourns. All video-recorded comments will be provided to the Board following the public hearings and be posted in the county’s online video archiving system.
- Members of the public are encouraged to call in advance to sign up to speak at the public hearing. For the Wednesday, April 24, 2019, public hearing, advanced sign-up will be taken after 8:30 a.m. on April 5, 2019, and no later than 12:00 p.m. on April 24, 2019. For the Saturday, April 27, 2019, public hearing, advanced sign-up will be taken after 8:30 a.m. on April 5, 2019, and no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 26, 2019. Anyone wishing to sign up in advance may call the Office of the County Administrator at 703-777-0200. The option to sign-up at the public hearing will also be available.
The Loudoun Online Land Applications System (LOLA) provides a user-friendly tool to access information regarding legislative land development applications and provides a format for public input for active applications. All comments submitted online for a specific application become part of the public record and are digitally archived.
- The application number for the Loudoun 2040 New Comprehensive Plan is CPRV-2016-0001.
While comments posted for a specific application or planning initiative will be viewed by public officials and staff, the user should not expect a response. Users needing a response to a question or comment should contact the Department of Planning and Zoning directly at 703-777-0246.